Born to sell is a company that was started by Mike Scanalin. Their primary product offering is a dedicated subscription-based software service that allows traders to scan for potential covered call trades in order to generate profits. Its likened to banks collecting mortgages due to the fact that you holding stock positions. This is accomplished primarily through covered calls which require you to own the underlying stock by selling calls in order to capture the premium. Compared to other platforms that provide multiple strategies create more confusion than answered questions, Born to Sell relies solely on covered calls. They are an award- winning company that has won awards in 2013,2014, and 2016 from the TradePlanet Star Award contest for their software’s ease of use.
Born to Sell Products and Services
As previously mentioned Born to Sell’s primary product is software based on covered calls and capturing premiums. They also, provide training services of their software and its intended use in trading. In this review we intend to take an in depth look at the services, products and subscription packages offered by Born to Sell to their clientele. Born to Sell also offers a two week free trial for its software in order to help clients decide if it’s for them or not. The software features various search modes which makes searching or researching the markets for fresh opportunities easy.
Born to Sell Education
The training services offered by Born to ell are largely based on how to properly use their software and its use in trading covered calls. They also offer other training related material in the form of self study tutorial videos on trading that some would consider cursory at best.
The subscription packages that Born to Sell are divided into three categories and are offered as monthly, quarterly and annual subscriptions. The first of these is the monthly subscription which is offered by Born to Sell for $60 per month. The second is the quarterly subscription offered for $159 for a quarter. The last one is the annual subscription which is $500 per year. Each of these subscriptions has the same features but offer savings as the subscription price and package increases.
Born to Sell Software Features
Of course, we would not be giving Born to Sell justice if we did not describe some of the features that make their software so user friendly. We have detailed a brief overview of some of the software features below:
- Covered Calls & Buy-Writes- The software settings go from basic to advanced assist you identify and observe over 400,000 potential covered calls. The platform is user friendly and extra information such as net debit, premium, downward protection and return rate are provided easily.
- Top 10 List/ Covered Calls- A dedicated section where the top 10 most in demand calls are listed. The notable feature is that it gives you important market intelligence and informs you at what point action must be taken on the trade.
- Dividends Holding- An invaluable tool for any trader that wishes to collect on the covered calls premium and the dividends. It offers simplicity need when executing a buy-write rule prior to the ex-dividend date. This provides the opportunity to collect dividends before closing a trade immediately before an expiration date. A stand out feature of this software is the ability to have a clear list of stocks along with their identified ex-dividend dates. This essentially enables you the ability to also choose an ideal stock price range.
- Born to Sell Watchlists- Born to Sell also provides a basic watchlist feature to observe stocks that are of interest for buying and selling of covered calls for traders. It is also noteworthy, that watch lists cannot be saved to accounts, instead watchlist results are emailed at the close of trading each day.
- Portfolios- Born to Sell portfolios provides traders the ability to enter the stock currently held in portfolios to observe and track the availability of covered call options without buying new stocks. Expiration dates are also clearly displayed and traders can switch between viewing the potential upside if prices remain stagnant or options are called on the strike price. A basic portfolio analysis tool is offered that provides comparisons between a trader’s portfolio stocks and the S&P 500. This can be a little unnecessary, but provides a cursory overview of whether or not a portfolio is dependent on particular stock market sectors.
- Options Chains- Born to Sell also offers a tool to view basic option chains, that can assist you to analyze the advantage of particular expiration dates and strike prices for call options on predetermined stocks.
- Other Features- The software has tools built in which enable traders to set income targets. This is provided to assist you by properly choosing the correct settings making it easier to scan for candidates. Born to Sell also provides you the opportunity to keep abreast of every covered call portfolio in real-time. A calendar is also provided and conspicuously placed to alert you regarding any forthcoming ex-dividends. Lastly, a built-in email system provides you with notifications, enabling you to track dividend triggers and watch lists at your own discretion.
Born to Sell Pros
- Allows traders to search covered calls for existing stocks by entering their portfolios
- Provides multiple covered call searches for users with different strategies.
- Top 10 list for covered call to identify popular trades.
- Performs historical tracking and evaluate to gauge profit and loss over time.
- Platform is user friendly and accessible to beginner covered call sellers.
Born to Sell Cons
- Has an antiquated-looking browser-based platform and is heavily dependant on tabulated outputs.
- Doesn’t have the ability to save watchlists to accounts.
- Covered call search tools could be simplified into a single extensive search tool.
- Limits users to a small number of covered call strategies.
- Their investment style can be monetarily-intensive.
Born to Sell Social Media
The social media footprint for Born to Sell has all the usual actors such as Youtube, Facebook and Twitter. The born to Sell Youtube channel has 1K subscribers and their most popular video is the call screener tutorial. Interestingly enough their Youtube channel is also a venue for their instructional videos on how to use their proprietary software. The Facebook page for Born to Sell has 1,591 followers. Their Facebook account includes posts of trades and information related to their proprietary platform. The Twitter account for Born to Sell has over 3K followers. Their Twitter account features posts and screenshots of trades as well as market information related to their platform and trading covered calls. In terms of their social media exposure and all things considered, Born to Sell has covered most if not all the bases when it comes to their social media. The only thing that they lack at this point and is an indicator of their dated outreach is that they lack an Instagram account and have no Discord server.
Covered Call Screener
Dividend capture video
Deep In The Money Calls
Born to sell is a great platform for beginner traders that want to be a little more careful about how they trade. While trading using covering calls is not as exciting it allows new or inexperienced traders the opportunity to cut their teeth trading without much of the risk. The only grievance that can be aired is that their platform is a little dated as far as the screens are concerned. Lastly, if covered calls is the way that you like to trade this platform is definitely for you. The prices charged by Born to Sell for their subscriptions are also quite reasonable to say the least.